Created in 1984, the Fondation des Ressources Alternatives Salaberry (FRAS) is a registered charitable organization (no.: 10183 5650 RR0001) for people with intellectual disabilities and pervasive developmental disorders.
The name highlights the fact that the Foundation offers an alternative to all exisiting network of healthcare and social services resources. In 2014, it is modified to the “Fondation des Ressources Alternatives du Sud-Ouest" (FRAS). This way, they can define the region that is served in an adequate manner.
The FRAS aims to provide assistance through financial support to ensure that people with intellectual disabilities and pervasive developmental disorders can fulfill their potential and play active roles in society. The FRAS pledges to:
- Provide financial and material support to individuals and their families;
- Support contributing and collaborating organizations;
- Raise rights awareness through educational campaigns and training activities;
- Organize fundraising events in support of its activities.
The FRAS works in close collaboration with Les Services de Réadaptation du Sud-Ouest et du Renfort (SRSOR). www.srsor.qc.ca
The Foundation benefits from a sound financial structure. The administration fees are entirely covered thanks to a partnership with SRSOR and real estate investments. We take pride in the fact that 100% of all donations are redistributed to individuals with a developmental disability or a pervasive development disorder and to their families.
- The community residences in partnership with SRSOR include:
- Résidence Drouin, Drouin street in Châteauguay
- Résidence Hector, Hector street in Ormstown
- Residence on Albert-Wallot street in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield
- Other residences in partnership with SRSOR include:
- Residence on Robert street in Châteauguay
- Résidence Lauréa in St-Chrysostôme
- Résidence Des Moissons in St-Chrysostôme
- Résidence Lavoie in Vaudreuil
- Residence Alphonse-Desjardins in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield
- Residence on Rue Albert-Wallot in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield